JOIN OUR TEAM!
Position: Associate Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary Range: $75k-$85k based on key qualifications
About Vashti: Begun as a home for girls over a century ago, The Vashti Center has grown into a vital resource for underserved children and youth with mental and behavioral health needs. Our mission focuses on fostering healing, hope, and transformation to empower and promote resiliency in children, families, and communities in Georgia. Our programs include a community-based mental and behavioral health clinic serving six counties, an after-school resiliency clubhouse that serves Thomas County children and youth, and a residential care program for teens in custody of the state of Georgia. The ultimate purpose of all Vashti Center programs is to strengthen disadvantaged families by providing them with the tools, support and therapeutic services needed to keep them healthy, whole and resilient. We fulfill our mission daily by helping children, adolescents, and their parents overcome destructive behavior patterns that threaten their bonds. Whether the struggle is drug addiction, depression, anger, fallout from divorce, loss of a loved one, or breaking the cycle of physical and emotional abuse, The Vashti Center is the place to which families can turn to find solace, restoration, and hope for a better life.
Summary/Description: The Vashti Center for Children and Families seeks a self-motivated, dedicated individual as an Associate Director (AD). Reporting to - and working closely as a partner with - the Executive Director (ED). The AD will be an experienced leader and coach, with the ability to operate on strategic, managerial and hands-on levels in order to help guide the organization across programmatic and administrative functions. The AD will bring proven nonprofit management experience in community-based programs, youth development, advocacy/organizing, finance, operations, and/or other relevant disciplines. The AD must have a keen attention to detail, the ability to delegate effectively, a proven track record in motivating and unifying teams, and have solid organizational, problem-solving, and clear decision-making skills. The AD must be comfortable with and committed to fostering the development of staff.
The AD identifies opportunities and challenges and works across departments and teams to develop and implement highly innovative solutions. The AD is directly responsible for managing two primary core teams: 1) Operations: which includes HR, facilities, IT, finance, and compliance; as well as 2) Programs: which includes a residential group home and an outpatient community mental health program. The AD shall focus and work to increase the effectiveness and impact of Vashti services in Southwest Georgia.
The AD must demonstrate a highly focused trauma-informed lens, excellent communication and relationship-building skills, a deep belief in the power and potential of engaged communities, and the ability to help promote a clear, inspirational vision for Vashti’s future.
Responsibilities: Together with the ED, the AD will develop a plan to share and allocate responsibility for key leadership tasks, including:
● Proactively identify internal opportunities and challenges and work with the ED to address them
● Manage key projects and special initiatives that relate to organizational growth
● Provide oversight of internal operations, including Human Resources, Finance, Compliance, IT and Facilities Management.
● HR priorities include development and implementation of effective recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, training and professional development policies; sustaining an internal culture that promotes initiative, appropriate risk taking, learning, cooperation, equity, and mutual respect
● Financial priorities include budgeting, reporting, audits and compliance, especially around government grants and accounting related to restricted funds
● Facilities priorities include assisting in the development and implementation of a long-term campus plan for the organization
● IT priorities include evaluating Vashti’s third-party helpdesk vendor, and the cybersecurity measures
● Provide high-level input to inform decisions the organization makes around both compliance and financial risks, such as contracts and insurance policies
● Provide high-level input to inform staffing decisions related to growth, performance and accountability
● Assist in improving and monitoring the organization’s performance reporting systems (including program data); ensure successful adoption of an organizational dashboard database
● Lead staff in long-term program planning, establishing outcomes and clear project plans
● Work with the senior leadership team to develop and evaluate program strategies and goals
● Assist in developing strategies to engage children, families, and organizations in SWGA in the programs and services offered by Vashti
Supervision and Staff Management:
● Provide coaching and training to push staff members to reach long-term professional goals
● Actively participate in management team meetings
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
● Approachable, collaborative, and willing to learn as well as teach
● Team-player capable of working both collaboratively and independently
● Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions
● Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and solving complex operational problems
● Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, and the ability to translate data into clear and simple messages for a wide range of audiences
● Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to generate respect and trust from colleagues, direct reports, and external constituents
● Ability to maintain calm and steadiness during times of crisis or stress
● Ability to provide long-term, inspirational vision while simultaneously creating pragmatic solutions to day-to-day problems
● An understanding of how trauma impacts traditionally marginalized individuals and communities and how this influences the design and delivery of programs serving them
Experience and Qualifications:
● At least three years of senior management experience in a dynamic, responsive environment; preferably in a non-profit organization
● Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required, Master’s degree strongly preferred
● Proven track record of strategic financial management, business strategy, strategic planning
● Experience creating and managing budgets
● Ability to manage complex projects and departments
● Highly skilled at staff management, coaching, and development
● Experience managing cross-functional teams to develop and implement systems and processes to increase effectiveness and efficiency
● Experience navigating complex issues and making difficult decisions, often in high-pressure situations
Any questions and resumes can be sent to HR Manager, Tammy Harris, her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.